Thursday, November 18, 2010

When I was little:
           
            When I was a little kid, I went to summer school and I ended up breaking my left elbow and I had to get surgery. My doctor put me to sleep so he could put some metal pins into my arm so it can heal a lot faster but the healing process took at least three months. A reason why it took that long was because I played sports right away with a broken elbow when I was really suppose to let it relax and not put stress on it. I played basketball, baseball and football with a broken elbow, I still did very well with a broken elbow, I did like 15 to 20 points in basketball with some assists. In  football I had 2 or 3 touchdowns thrown. In  baseball I always got out in because that was a hard sport with holding a bat with one arm and trying to swing with it, but I gave it my best to get my team mates the help they needed  to stay in the lead. I was handicap for a while and I always loved to play sports and nothing, like a little broken elbow, is going to stop me from playing things that I love and enjoy doing. When I broke my elbow some kids and teachers told me that I shouldn’t do it, and I just said “let me play.”  If they said no, then I said “Are you scared your going to get beat by a one armed kid?” They let me play ever since.
 Kids were nice to me when I had a broken arm and teachers were also very nice. The only time I thought they were being mean to me was when the kids all went outside to play on the play ground, play basketball, or any other sport. They told me I had to stay inside but I didn’t listen. I went outside because it was summer and I didn’t want to be stuck inside a classroom, by myself, watching the other kids play. If I stayed inside, then I just laid on the bean bag and ate  ice cream. Some times this girl Andrea would come over and keep me company for a little bit. Then if I started to doze off and fall asleep she would go outside and hang out with some of her friends that were there. Once when I got my broken elbow all fixed up, I went back onto the court without a sling on my arm and my arm was looking better. I immediately started practicing on my jump shots and lay ups with it. It took a little while for my arm to get better and get use to the motion of the way I shot the ball, and lay ups with them when I try going the hard way of doing the lay ups. After my elbow gotten better I started scoring 20 or 25 points per game and a lot more assists. Football I had 3 to 4 touchdowns and baseball was even better because I could hold onto the bat better and I can hit the ball further than I used to.

 [T1]No italics
Size 12

2 comments:

  1. I admire how ou perservered through that challange it shows how determined you were to not let a broken arm effect you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh man that sux do you got any stiches from the surgery still. You are probaly a inspiration to many people now from what you said about your childhood

    ReplyDelete